40 Days of POWER Through Fasting and Praying
March 6th through April 18th
- Based on the Word of God, I commit to joining my church family in 40 days of fasting and praying.
- I understand the word fast, in the Bible, means abstinence from food as an element of private or public religious devotion.
- I understand fasting and praying, which honors God, includes abstaining from food for a period of time and focusing on God through Bible reading, worship and prayer.
- I understand, based on the Word of God, my fast should be private. I should never fast to be seen by men or women. (Matt. 6)
- I understand my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I will not violate my body by defiling it with food, unhealthy drink, alcohol, drugs and anything else that will hurt or destroy my temple. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20)
- I understand if I am under medical care or have a medical condition, I should always consult my medical doctor before starting any kind of fast.
- I understand, during this fast, I will experience God like never before.
- I understand, during this fast, I am to read and meditate daily on Isaiah 58 in various translations.
- I understand, based on Joel 2:15-17, God is calling my entire family to fast including my children.
- Blow a trumpet in Zion [warning of impending judgment], Dedicate a fast [as a day of restraint and humility], call a solemn assembly. Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and the nursing infants. Let the bridegroom come out of his room and the bride out of her bridal chamber. [No one is excused from the assembly.] Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, “Have compassion and spare Your people, O LORD, and do not make Your inheritance (Israel) an object of ridicule, Or a [humiliating] byword among the [Gentile] nations. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’ JOEL 2:15-17 AMP
- I understand, during this fast, I will focus on my faith, family, finances, fitness and my future.
- I understand, during this fast I will prepare healthy food. Because I will abstain from food for a period of time, the money I save I will sacrificially sow, to the church, on Resurrection Sunday April 21st. This seed will go toward blessing my community.
- I understand, during this fast, I will operate in the fruits of the Spirt by being Christlike to all.
- I understand, during this fast, I can be healed, delivered, set free, blessed, delivered from all debts and all generational curses and choices.
- I understand my life can and will change through this time of fasting and praying.
- I understand, during this fast, praying with my church family is very important because the prayers of the righteous avail much. I will accomplish this though the weekly prayer call, which is every Mon, Wed, and Fri. Dial 1-515-604-9324, access code: 381179#.
- I understand, during this fast, the Word of God will be first in my life. Thus, I will commit to either attending Bible Study weekly through Lunch time with the Lord live or by watching online. I will make Sunday BBC Enrichment Classes and Worship Celebrations a priority by faithfully attending them and not forsaking the assembly. (Hebrews 10:24,25)
- I understand I should use my prayer app at pray.com to journal all my daily request which I have already taken before God.